Saturday, October 17, 2009

Anxiety and Sleep habits by Cher

Anxiety and Sleep habits by Cher
If you are up late, as I am at the moment. You may want to stop and think for a minute, if your sleeping habits are a product of your stress or anxiety cycles. I have noticed in myself, that when things are going well and stress is down, anxiety is lower, I tend to have an easy time getting to sleep and I get up more easily than ususal. However if my stress is up, whether it is due to a depression cycle or even a happy event, I have a harder time getting to sleep, since my brain seems to run over the days events and even what I need to do the next day. Now we can all atest to this in some form or another, however in the Anxiety/Panic prone people it can be extreme.
Suggestion, a form of meditation.....I know you are rolling your eyes right now because you've tried it and it didn't work for you....Well i'm here to tell you it does if you are consistant.
My form, when trying to calm my mind in bed and get to sleep , is I picture a beautiful golden bright ball hovering around me foot area. I can control the ball, and I concentrate on moving it. I move it slowly around my feet, as if it were massaging them, from one foot to the next and work the ball up slowly all the way up my body.
Now the first time I tried this, it was relaxing, kept my mind occupied but I had to do it 3 times before I finally fell asleep. Now , after using this on a regular basis, I am asleep before the ball reaches my hip area. Seems far out there, but try it , it works.
Otherwise, some soothing music, anything thing that you are comfortable with, but stick to it, and you will have a natural sleeping pattern, during stressful times.!
Here's to a great nights sleep!


Please make sure to read DISCLAIMER

For more insight into Panic/Anxiety Attacks!
For more physical help with your Panic/Anxiety!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am The editor/writer with disorder.org. I really liked your site and I am interested in building a relationship with your site. We want to spread public awareness. I hope you can help me out. Your site is a very useful resource.

Please email me back with your URl in subject line to take a step ahead an to avoid spam.

Thank you,
Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
Seems I didn't recieve your email, please leave another comment, so I can contact you. I would love to help.

Thanks
Cheryl