Saturday, July 19, 2008

Anxiety Help-The Anxiety/Panic Attack

Anxiety Help-The Anxiety/Panic Attack

To all my readers and fellow Anxiety Suffers.........I had a horrible panic attack the other day and I am still suffering the after effects of it 3 days later. Now I'm sure that you all know exactly what I am talking about, but what I'm here to tell you is that I am still here I am still kicking and I got through it.
Stress can be a great contributor to anxiety/panic attacks and that is just what is happening to me.
I had allot of things come my way all at once, and I had a hard time dealing with it all.

What I did do though, was go through some of the tips I have posted here already.

I concentrated on my deep breathing. Holding in for as long as possible without passing out, as when we shallow breathe we need more carbon dioxide, not more oxygen. It is a great misnomer that when you hyperventilate that it's oxygen you are deprived of , when its not.

Do you ever remember a parent or loved one, or even on t.v. seeing someone upset and breathing into a paper bag, .....well that's the same concept.
You are re-breathing the carbon dioxide, helping you to calm down.

I also have sat quietly, and tried to focus on being well, a form of meditation, what ever works for you is the best way to go.

For now I am just going over tips I have already left in my postings, I just wanted you all to know, you are not alone in this, many many people suffer from the same thing, and you can get through it, you can march past it, it just takes some time and focus.

We Can Beat The Attack!

Please make sure to read DISCLAIMER
For more insight into Panic/Anxiety Attacks!

No comments: