Readers and fellow anxiety/panic friends.
Here are a few tips to help relax your stress away!
1. Deep Breathing. While sitting, lying down, or standing, close your eyes and breathe in slowly. In through the nose and out through your mouth. Hold your breath for a count of 5-10 seconds. Take ten of these super-relaxers anytime your feel tense.
2. Stretching. Practice simple stretches such as the "neck stretch": stretch your neck by gently rolling your head in a a half-circle, starting at one side, then dropping your chin to your chest, then do the other side.
3. Exercise. All kinds of physical activity---hiking, running, bowling, walking etc-they all help.
(if you can't leave the house) you can still exercise. If you have stairs, go up and down them a few times, try not to get out of breathe. Do jumping jacks, jog on the spot, sit on the floor and stretch your body out.
4. Take a bath. Ask household members to allow you at least 30 min. of uninterrupted time.
5. Get a massage. A massage is a wonderful way to get rid of physical tension. Professional masseuses generally take 30 min. to an hour , and will work on specific areas of tension, such as lower back or neck.
6. Eat well. Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake. Find out if your diet is well balanced and take steps to eat healthily to help reduce stress.
One of the big ones is TALK, talk with a friend, family member or whom ever will listen to the feelings that you might be holding in. Crying is a great stress reliever, just don't let it take you down into a depression. I like to get up and do something fun after a good cry. The stress is lower and it lifts your spirits.
Try them all, or one or two, any or all of them will help immensely!
Till next time, anxiety is the pits, we can rise from the pits!
Please make sure to read DISCLAIMER
For more insight into Panic/Anxiety Attacks!